Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Red Lips


 I personally think red lips look fabulous....on other people!!!!  I feel like it's so hard to find that right shade that works with your skin tone and hair color....I look at these pictures and I love it....but when I go to put it on myself I feel like a clown.  Although there is a reddish brown color from Aveda that I have worn for years I still would love to find the perfect red lipstick.  As you can see in the pictures, red lips look great on blondes, brunettes and redheads.

Some basic pointers are to know your skin tone and your lips...do you have fair skin, olive skin tone?  full or thin lips?  All that can play into finding the right shade.

Let us know what your favorite red lipstick is and why it works best for you :)

Aveda lipstick: Butternut is what works best for me but I am still really searching for a better more vibrant red.







2 comments:

  1. I have yet to find a lipstick I like. Red. Pink. Or brown. I've always envied the red or pink look. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I can list a few suggestions....I think if I remember you prefer a gloss? but I will list a few. Personally for lighter skin I think a paler pink lip looks best...

    Smashbox lipgloss in candy is a really pretty pink and I think the firecracker shade in the same lipgloss line would be a great red. Not to bold but bold enough. Paler pink is great for everyday use
    http://www.smashbox.com/product/6123/17751/Lips/Lip-Gloss/REFLECTION-HIGH-SHINE-LIP-GLOSS/index.tmpl


    or even a brown like this with a hint of pink gloss over it

    http://www.smashbox.com/product/6126/21022/Lips/Lipstick/BE-DISCOVERED-BE-LEGENDARY-LIPSTICK/Limited-Edition/index.tmpl

    I also looked up maybelline and these are some similar shades

    Pink perfection, cranberry cocktail,

    http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-
    Makeup/Lip-Gloss/Color-Sensational-Lip-Gloss.aspx#shadedetails


    If you try out one of those let us know what you think. Also the bet thing to do is try it on if that's an option or at least test it on your skin to see how it feels and looks with your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete