Monday, November 19, 2012

Change

How do you feel about change?

Some people need it....some people hate change.

Well for me change is hard.  Learning how to adapt to new things can be challenging... It can be the smallest thing like a new haircut or moving to a new place.

Being a military family we are constantly faced with new changes.  Moving, deployment (none yet) and with that comes new schools, new cities, distant family.

It can all be so overwhelming but at the same time exciting.

Even though I sometimes struggle with it I do feel like it helps us evolve into better, stronger  people.

How do you deal with change?

I seriously talk myself through it. I force myself to step out of my comfort box.  My Aunt (who has forever been my role model) once told me "sometimes you just have to take that leap and hope for the best"  great words :)  I have used them many times in the past few years to help me through change.  She also said to me before "face it, face it and it shall disappear" because obviously we all can have a hard time dealing with stuff.  Sometimes for me its as simple as a phone call I kept putting off or it could be a family issue you have been avoiding.  Well just FACE IT and deal with it....seriously you will feel like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.

Well that was my little advice for the day.  Really think about some of the things mentioned and try to look at a situation you are dealing with and be positive, face it, rise to the challenge and be your best...no matter how big or small.


No comments:

Post a Comment