Saturday, January 19, 2013

Children

They truly are the greatest blessing.

My kids are only 8 and 5 but I look at them sometimes and I am seriously amazed by them.  How much they have grown.  Their amazing personalities and the kind hearts they have.

I am sure you other Mothers out there can agree that parenting is the most challenging yet rewarding job there is.  It is stressful, overwhelming and quite exhausting.  At the same time it brings you so much joy.  It is really the little things.  The cute things they say, their kindness and their loving hearts.  We are shaping them into the people they are going to be for the rest of their lives.  Sure, other factors are involved in that but kids will always look up to their parents.

With that being said we also have to keep our sanity ;) so......

Sometimes you need some me time or a date with your husband.  It is hard for my husband and I because we don't know many families at our current station, and I always hate to ask people to babysit.  We talked though, and we are going to make it a goal to try do something more often as just the two of us.  Our kids are our everything and we rarely do anything without them but I think its important for our relationship to get out and do something now and then as just the two of us.  Do any of you have suggestions?  What do you do for date nights?  In the past when we lived near family we usually went to dinner and tried to catch a movie.  Simple as it was it was always just what we needed.


These are some quotes/misc that made me smile.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment