Thursday, January 24, 2013

WINTER BLUES

I definitely have the winter blues :) So to get myself out of this little funk I decided to really focus on all the little projects I need to get done.  I also thought about some other ways to help!

Here are some more ways to beat the winter blues


1. Exercise!!!!! 

 You will feel better after you work out and not to mention if you are working to lose any weight it will obviously help you reach your goal.  I like to use the workouts on this site www.bodyrocktv.com
It is completely FREE and the results are awesome if you stay dedicated.  I am not one of those people that will workout 7 days a week.  I barely do 3 times a week and even that is recent.  So just start off slow and work yourself up.  

2.  Treat Yourself


Having something to look forward to can keep anyone motivated. Winter seems endless! But if you plan something exciting, your mood improves when you’re anticipating it and when the event actually comes. Plan something that’s exciting to you—a weekend trip, a day at the spa, a party or special event like a play, girls (or guys) night out, or sporting event. 

3.  RELAX
Busy weeks between work, kids, appointments, extra curricular activities.  Take to do nothing or something you enjoy.  Read a book or a magazine.  


4.  Embrace the season
This is one I am definitely working on.  Instead of dreading the cold and snow find ways to enjoy it, Skiing, ice skating, sledding.  We are hoping to take some ski lessons next year with the kids and ski on the Bavarian Alps.  


5.  Catch some ZZzzz's
Take this time to get some extra sleep.  There is nothing better than a 30 minute nap in the afternoon.  I am not big on napping but every time I do nap I feel so refreshed and energized.  

Do any of you have suggestions? 

Also, with being home and not really doing hair and makeup as often I make myself a list almost every night of things I want to accomplish the next day.  Sometimes I don't get to them all but I try.  It really helps me to stay on track and get stuff done so I have to enjoy other things.  

Even though we are in Germany and there is so much I want to see I really don't want to sight see in the freezing cold so we are trying to find destinations like a specific castle we want to see that isn't far and maybe  Sealife.  Just something to get you out of the house once a month.  We always try to keep the cost to a minimal but once a month try to get out and do something, even if its just bowling with the family.  






2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with all these! Winter is so long and difficult, I always need to perk myself up around this time. I'm going to check out bodyrocktv - hopefully new workouts will help me kick my butt into shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it and you can modify what you need to because some of the stuff is pretty advanced.

    ReplyDelete