Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MYCAA

Okay so today I am going to talk about MYCAA.  It is a great opportunity for military spouses to get some education.  I just finished up everything for my Bridal Makeup Stylist class I am taking online in December.  The whole process can seem a little confusing at first but if you want to start taking come classes create an account.  Here is the link to MYCAA

https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/Default.aspx

You then will click REGISTER......put in your information and create your account.  You can search schools right from the tab schools/programs.  I knew I wanted to do something with makeup so I looked at their list and really researched each of the schools and narrowed it down to schools that offered online (since I am living in Germany) and then looked at cost, etc.

It is really important to research your options and decide the best fit for you and what your educational goals are.  Once you have picked a school/program you have to submit an education plan.  I was confused on this part but under the resources tab it has a document to help walk you through the whole process or you might get lucky like I did and the school will create one for you.  I emailed the school with questions I needed answered for my education plan and she offered to put one together for me.  I then submitted it under the appropriate tab and you wait to hear if it was approved or not. 

Next step if everything was approved you then apply for FA (financial assistance)  the max is 4,000 and it explains all of that a little more in your account.  You click on apply for FA and put in the required information.  I just did this today.  Here is the thing you must apply at least 15 days before your class start date but not more than 60 days before.  I am one of those people who likes to get everything dones as soon as possible and make sure it is all good to go so today is 60 days from my class start date.  Obviously the sooner you apply the better and that way you know everything will be set the day the class starts.  So I am just waiting to hear back from MYCAA about the financial assistance and then I will just be waiting for my class to start. 

My entire class cost is 4,000.00 including kits/tools and deposit fee

MYCAA will cover 3,900.00 but will not cover the 100.00 deposit fee. 

I will keep you posted on how long it takes to get my kit over here and all the other information through this exciting process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment