Sunday, October 7, 2012

Getting what you want



Okay so today I thought I would write a little about getting what you want.  I have heard so many times about people not being happy with their hair.  Mainly because they didn't get what they wanted when they got their hair cut or colored.  Okay first of all....I personally love pictures.  Obviously you don't need them but when a guest brings in a picture it really helps.  I always ask what they like most about the picture....so "What is your favorite part of the cut or color"  just to see what is really standing out to them.  If your stylist doesn't ask you this TELL THEM.  Just be open about it....I know sometimes its awkward but it is your hair and you want what you want.  

Also show them how much you want taken off...if they think you need more off to make your hair healthier or achieve the look you want they should discuss that with you.  Seriously communication is everything.  Most salons should be asking these questions but sometimes they don't and its okay to ask questions and make sure you are on the same page for what you want.  

Last night I trimmed Hailey's hair and we talked about everything first and even after I asked her how it felt and if she wanted to see anything different.  She wanted a few changes and we worked on that until we got it the way she wanted it.  I also always make sure to tell them to let me know if they have any problems with it.  I want them happy and sometimes after they go home and style it themselves they realize they don't like something about it....well as long as it is within a certain time frame I am happy to fix it.  So don't hesitate.  If you aren't happy tell your stylist.  I am sure they want you to love your hair, and they will do what it takes to get it there.

I love helping people feel better and see the true beauty in themselves.  There is no greater feeling then seeing a big smile and hearing "I love it"  :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment