Saturday, October 27, 2012

Retro Hair

I am really excited for some upcoming work I will be doing.

I contacted a few photographers to offer free services to some of their clients if I could get some of the images in return.  I want to build a professional portfolio and this is the best way to do it without spending a lot of money.

So a few of the photographers said they would like more services for their fashion photo shoots or boudoir shoots.  Very exciting and glamorous so I am sure the shots will turn out great.  I kind of freaked out for a minute because although I have been doing hair for over 6 years I haven't done a lot of retro/vintage hairstyles...but that look is really making a comeback and is absolutely beautiful.

So for the next few weeks I have asked a few of my friends to be my models and I am practicing different styles.  Finger waves, victory rolls, pressed waves, etc.

I did my first one last night and I had so much fun with it and once I figured it out it was fairly easy to create.

Let me know what you think.

Comment and let me know what your favorite vintage hair styles are!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I really love all the vintage styles. especially the 50's. the style back them was so classy and feminine.

    ReplyDelete