Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Products

Okay so we all love products right :)

I am just going to list a few of my favorites.  Obviously everyone has different needs for their hair but I feel like a few basic products can be used on most hair types.

My favorite brand of hairspray is Big Sexy Hair...I like spray and play harder.  Its a firm hold but they make a variety of different holds for whichever you prefer.  For me its just always worked best and lasted all day.  I love it for my and also to use on my clients.

I also love their root pump....it is great for when I just want to leave my hair wavy or to use on damp hair before doing a blow out.  A little goes a long way...this product lasts me forever.  I put a small amount in my hand and then rub it together and apply at the roots and then run any extra through the ends.

 
 
 
As far as shampoos and conditioners, I have tried just about everything.  Working at Douglas J it was an Aveda salon and I absolutely love Aveda products but I also love TIGI Bed Head Epic Volume.  That is my favorite for my own hair and for anyone with thin, fine hair.  They also have one for repair and for curly hair etc. Redken is another one I like but I personally feel like I don't get as much volume and after using it for a long time I feel like it weighs down my hair.  I know other people that love it and I like to use it on others but for my own hair it just doesn't work well.

 
 
 
 
Okay and last for basic products to use on just about anyone is some kind of gloss/shine serum.  I love to use it as a detangler (but carefully, you don't want to use much)  and also after hair is dry to give it a little shine.  I have also used many different kinds and Tigi Rock a holic shine blaster is on my favorites list.  Also Paul Mitchell makes one. Super Skinny Serum.  That also works well.  I usually kind of towel dry my hair and then use a very small amount work it together in my hands and then run it through my hair.  After I finish blow drying I will sometimes use a little more or after I curl my hair I will work it together in my hands and then run it through my curls.

        




Let me know if you have any questions :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Paul Mitchell serum. It works great.

    ReplyDelete