Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Favorite Shampoo and Conditioners

Hey guys,

So I wanted to share with you some of the brands that I have found work best for shampoo and conditioners.

Aveda

The cosmetology school I attended in 2005 and the salon I worked for both used Aveda. It will always be one of my favorites but I personally think it can be a little expensive.  From Aveda my favorite is SHAMPURE, the shampoo and conditioner are just amazing, for almost all hair types.  If you need something more moisturizing they have plenty of options for that too.







Bed Head

  I found after no longer working at the salon I decided to try out some other stuff.  I love the epic volume shampoo and conditioner for my fine, thin hair it works great.  I like the smell a lot too.  They also have many different shampoos and conditioners for each hair type or for color treated hair.  The price is not bad either.




Redken

Another one I really like but have not used in awhile.  All soft is great but probably isn't for everyone.  I just absolutely love the smell and how it made my hair feel.  I did feel like when I used it for too long my hair seemed weighed down.  So It's one I like to use for awhile but then switch up with something else.  They make so many different shampoos and conditioners I am sure you will find one you like.

I have also used Pureology and it was okay but not my favorite.  It worked well but for the price it wasn't anything extraordinary.  They do smell really nice though.









Dry shampoo

I used to wash my hair every single day.  With it being fine and thin but also being oily I just felt like my hair always looked gross on day 2.  I really try to just wash every other day now but I MUST have a dry shampoo or I even used baby powder when I am out.  I have really only used drugstore brands, like right now I am pretty sure I have Suave.  I want to to try the batiste brand.  I hear great things about it.  I feel like dry shampoo is really important if you don't want to wash your hair everyday.

http://www.batistehair.com/




TIP: On day 2 I always brush through my hair really well, work in the dry shampoo and style.  A lot of times I do a bun, messy ponytail or occasionally I will curl it.  At the end of the day I brush through it again and spread those natural oils throughout my hair.  Not blow drying it every day and those natural oils seem to really be helping the overall health of my hair.  

1 comment:

  1. I use Batiste and it is definitely my favorite! The powder part is super fine so it absorbs well, it blends even into my dark hair and it's never sticky-feeling. Most importantly, it actually works! I even have a travel size I carry in my work bag. Other dry shampoos would sometimes make my hair feel even dirtier, but I love Bastiste.

    ReplyDelete